The Digital Media Committee
is often comprised of Capital Press Club members that have or want to learn technical communications skills. These skills include social media management, word press content management, graphic design, e-newsletter development and design for mobile or desktop web applications. We will train those willing to learn. We will also welcome those with expertise that can jump right in and contribute.
Members of the committee work with the committee chair to support to the vision of the Capital Press Club Executive Board and standing committees. The committee members also manage the Capital Press Club website(s), social media vehicles and Constant Contact e-newsletter distribution service. The committee will host trainings twice per year to update the skills of its members. Volunteer Now!!
These duties of committee members include, but are not limited to:
- Attending two programs or events per year
- Attend at least two of the bi-monthly Digital Media Committee meetings
- Assist with Website content management
- Social media management including use of Hootsuite for scheduling posts and managing CPC’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Designing graphics for events, brochures, and other items as necessary
- Introducing and/or implementing cool ideas that will enhance the experience for club members
Committee members are welcome to apply to become the Digital Media Committee Chair. The Digital Media Committee Chair provides oversight to the Digital Media committee. The Chair also executes the Digital Media components of the overall mission of the Capital Press Club and its executive board. The Digital Media Chair has a vote in Executive Board actions and overall strategic plans for the club.