Digital Media Committee
- Attending two programs or events per year
- Attend at least two of the bi-monthly Digital Media Committee meetings
- Assist with Website content management
- Social media management including use of Hootsuite for scheduling posts and managing CPC’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Designing graphics for events, brochures, and other items as necessary
- Introducing and/or implementing cool ideas that will enhance the experience for club members.
The Capital Press Club has continued the primary mission of its founders and has expanded its mission to keep pace with a rapidly-changing marketplace in fulfilling the needs of its diverse membership.
Our mission is to increase and support the presence and role of African-Americans in communications. In expanding our mission, we have evolved into an umbrella association for African-American and other communications professionals in the greater Washington, DC area and beyond. Our diverse membership includes, but is not limited to, communications professionals in media, public relations, marketing, advertising, social media, sales promotions, fund raising and development, photojournalism, photography, graphic design and event marketing, as well as, others who support the vision and mission of the association.